rescue CD isos

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:27:21 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, Peter Jones <pjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> > >boot cd:,//ppc/mac/ofboot.b
> >
> > alt+apple+o+f
> > 0 > boot cd:,\ppc\mac\ofboot.b
>
> Or for those who can't remember tons of arcana about what path something
> is in, when to use cd:,\ vs  cd:\\, etc., just type "mac-boot" and hold
> down "c" for a little while.

Also, after MUCH expereimentation I have discovered that the 1st Apple
label must exist -- even before the one that the FC5 installer want to
place (called Apple-Boot I believe.)

So, now I have --
/dev/hda1 == the Apple disk label
/dev/hda2 == the FC5 Apple Boot partition
/dev/hda3 == the FC5 /boot partition
/dev/hda4 == the FC5 / partition
and /dev/hda5 == the FC5 swap partition...

Plus I still see no way to get the boot installer to add the correct
Apple disk label during  the install -- I must always go out to the #
prompt ahd fiddle with 'parted'...

Cheers!
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting