FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

CodeHeads ch at code-heads.com
Fri Jan 20 04:01:06 UTC 2006

Jim Martin wrote:
> CodeHeads wrote:
>
>> Linux Counter (li.counter.org) #386711 wrote:
>>

>>> I just ftp'd the 5 disks, and put it on my system. Firstly, the
>>> installer sucks. Graphical only displays the top left corner of the
>>> screen, showing none of the useful information. I had to use text,
>>> which was completely garbled. Then, I got to the package selection
>>> screen. I know that they're still working on it, but come on! With no
>>> 'everything' option,I got very minimal packages. I decided to use
>>> add/remove packages. This crashed pretty much immediately. I'm stuck
>>> with a pile of minimal non-working crud. FC4T2 was SOOOO much better.
>>> Hope to see you in final.
>>>
>>> poly-p man
>>>

>> We very well for me, text and graphical.
>>
>> As for installing everything, I do not like to do that. It takes the fun
>> out of learning and experimenting with things.
>>
>> ~WILL~
>>

> Yeah I agree, the "everything" Option will not be missed, I never did
> find it useful. I installed fc5t2 today, and had no major problems, a
> minor one with nVidia, but it too will be worked out. I think those who
> are working on FC5 are doing a great job, I love the new look, it
> installs (for the most part) faster and it is cleaner. I personally
> would like to see more packages head on over to extras, and bring the 5
> cd down to a more managable number, but that is personal preference.
> plus, I use the DVD anyway :-)
>
> Thanks folks! Smashing Job!!!
>
> BaVinic

Very well said BaVinic!!! :)  I just installed it today too :) This is
actually the first test release I installed. I thought I would help out
the best I can. I did find a few things, but someone beat me to it. I
guess because they are more experienced in test releases then me. :) I
am learning though. Usually when I find something wrong i try to track
it down to make sure it was not me who screwed it up LOL. Believe me I
have had to nuke and pave quite a few installs, but hey that is part of
learning how things tick :)
I am almost 100% M$ free. Out of 5 computer only 1 is windows!! :)

Thanks for a job well done!! :) I will try to help the best I can. :)

~WILL~