FC5T2 and ndiswrapper

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Sat Jan 21 09:31:15 UTC 2006

Am Samstag, den 21.01.2006, 00:42 -0500 schrieb Joel Rittvo:
> Neal Becker wrote:
>
> > You'll be happy to know, that ndiswrapper is working for me on the latest
> > kernel.   I used the ndiswrapper cvs.  It has a patch for 2.6.16.
> > Unfortunately, the current kernel claims to be 2.6.15, so I just modified
> > the patch slightly.
>
> Where do I get this patch, and what did you do to modify it before
> applying it?  Thanks for any help with this.  I've given up for now on
> trying to get the built-in kernel support working, so I am back to
> trying to get NDISwrapper working again.
>
> Joel

if you don't use your wireless via usb, then it works flawlessy with
this:

make distclean
make DISABLE_USB=1
make install DISABLE_USB=1
..and then the whole bunch like modprobe...even with older kernels. I am
not sure, this could be the same reason as some usb-sticks don't work
(gnome-volume-manager?)

Roger