repoview goodness

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 14:31:30 UTC 2006

David Timms wrote:

> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/x86_64/repodata/
>>

>> Each arch has its own repoview.  You should be able to use your favorite
>> mirror to look at this too.
>>
>> Hopefully this will be of some help to those of you wanting a way to
>> look at new packages, package information, group information, etc...
>>

> Very nice! I guess this is totally automated, no developer/packager
> required now that it's configured ?

Right.

> Perhaps the developers could add searches by provides (show me what
> package installed this file (rpm -qf)) and requires (list of all other
> packages that need this package).
>
> Also, with the new installer major package groups, perhaps an
> additional layer could give the major group, a central area particular
> to the group, and the actual packages on the right, to keep consistent
> with anaconda ?

We dont want much work or special implementation requirements for all
the mirrors. If you you could implement a additional separate interface
that need not be mirrored by others. See fedora-extras list discussions
recently. Andreas was interested in working on it there. Also talk to
yum and repoview developers in yum-devel list or #fedora-devel. skvidal,
icon and panu should be able to sort all of that.

--
Rahul