FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 22 15:39:25 UTC 2006

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On 1/22/06, gb spam <gbofspam at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We value everything installs, it works for us and jumping through
> > hoops (write web apps; managing kickstart files; using kickstart
> > during installs - does it still not tell you if it can't load the
> > ks file until you get to a point in the install where your options
> > haven't been selected?) is "less convenient" than clicking a check
> > box during install.

> So let me get this straight.. nothing other than a single check box
> during install is going to satify you?  There is no room to
> compromise? You've drawn the line in the sand and you are holding
> your breath?  That's unfortunate.

um ... no.  what's unfortunate is your condescending attitude towards
folks who are pointing out that they *like* the concept of an
everything install.  that would include folks like *me*, by the way.
does that mean you're going to insult me as well?

> Some of us, are working with the maintainers to identify which
> packages are not incorporated into the comps grouping structure
> correctly so that the functionality of the install all button will
> essentially be duplicate by selecting all displayed packages in all
> displayed groups during the install process.

ah.  in other words, you're *going* to support an "everything"
install, you're just going to make it way more inconvenient than it
used to be.

bravo.  progress marches on.

rday