SELINUX file contexts FUBARed in fresh install?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 16:40:26 UTC 2006

Andy Burns wrote:

> Spent a few hours wiping and reinstalling my test box this weekend to
> check for improvement/eradication of old bugs ...
>
> I left my local mirror at 2006-01-20 rather than bring it right up to
> date first (to avoid the udev/hotplug dependency issues)
>
> Is it just me or is SELINUX setting leaving a freshly installed system
> with knackered security contexts?
>
> /etc/resolv.conf unwritable by dhclient (this already in BZ#178465 and
> a restorecon fixes it)
>
> but I find that firefox won't start and restorecon won't help it
> either, so I logged BZ#178608, similar for thunderbird and dosbox
>
> Booting with selinux=0 lets all the above run OK, is this a known
> rough version? or does all this warrant a new BZ for selinux?

If you have the latest updates and you have relabelled your filesystem
and it still has problems filing bug reports against SELinux for each of
these issues would make sure that the relevant developers dont miss out
the problem. Yes that can be a bother but it requires discussion you can
post to fedora-selinux list about it. Part of the development process of
ensuring that we dont end up with a broken release.

--
Rahul