FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Brian D. Carlstrom bdc at carlstrom.com
Sun Jan 22 19:18:05 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram writes:
 > >I think its more than that. I'll add my own "me too" to that. I've
 > >refrained until now, although I almost responded to Rahul's message when
 > >I fist saw it
 > >
 > Again. Just use kickstart.

I have a friend that uses kickstart to make sure his groups CVS server
can be rebuilt quickly in an emergency. I don't want to go through the
learning curve that he did when I only get a couple new workstations a
year. I'm not a sysadmin by trade, I'm trying to do research. If fact,
I'm not the one installing the machines, I make people follow my
instructions off the web site, I'll just have to be updating those for
FC5 if we move to it.

In any case, I'm happy to use "yum" postinstall to get what I want, I
just wanted to say that I did use the "everything".

I'm much more suprised that "minimal" might be going away, since that
does seem to be a much more "targeted" install to want to have.

-bri