FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 22:02:50 UTC 2006

Don Springall wrote:

> My oh my,  I though I was never going to make it through all the posts
> on this subject.  Might I suggest someone set up a survey question on
> fedora forum on "install all" , to gage how important this is to the
> community overall.  It does not seem all that great an idea to me but
> if the majority of the community likes it, that message can get passed
> along via the forum.

I dislike the idea of voting for things in general though we done
surveys for general goes before.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Fedora. This is not because I
dont want the project developers to listen to the input from the users.
On the contrary developers shouldnt be listening simple mindedly through
voting. We should be analyzing user requests, understand the reasons
behind such requests and then implement it one step ahead of what the
user asked for and provide a overall good solution. Fedora project
should remain a merit based project in which people who want to get
things done contribute rather than merely vote.

--
Rahul