FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 23:59:25 UTC 2006

goemon at anime.net wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> goemon at anime.net wrote:

>>> is the cost of an 'everything' button really so unreasonably high?
>>
>> Yes it is.
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-January/msg01138.html
>>

> not convincing at all...
>
> this is a list of your rationales for removing it based on your
> assumptions of burden on end users, not a rationale that it is
> unreasonably high cost in code

We care about burden of end users.

> i cant believe someone would say an 'everything' button is
> unreasonably high cost, then with a straight face say 'use
> kickstart'... :P

Then help improve kickstart or atleast tell us whats wrong about it.

> so far it seems like almost everyone wants it back and you're the only
> one arguing for its removal. perhaps this should tell you something

Not by far. Many people do support me. Just because a few people are
more loud doesnt make them right. Instead of lobbying for a feature
blindly, just tell me what different use cases does a end user require a
"everything" installation which doesnt support other repositories like
Fedora Extras yet and cannot be everything anyway.

--
Rahul