FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 00:17:53 UTC 2006

søn, 22 01 2006 kl. 15:50 -0800, skrev goemon at anime.net:

> you totally missed the point. one button is better than many.
>
> this is why in accessability guidelines they recommend a 'select all' for
> lists with more than a few entries.

Select all once the installer gets enabled to install from Extras, while
considerably lenghten install time, put load on the mirrors not to
mention fill up several gigs of diskspace.

I'm all for aiding disabled users, being one myself, but the install
everything option is quite complex. If you do intend to do this, the
point of having all these selections in the gui might be moot - if you
want everything, how about there being a netinstall (like the
Development test isos) that just default to hammering every single
package on the system without asking first. That would save quite a few
steps for those users who absolutely require this behavior and the rest
of us can rejoice in the sanity that is the current default.

I don't imagine such a project could be hard to undertake, and this
would a sensible middle ground I think.

- David

--
Obligatory shameless blog plug - The GNOME commentary located at
www.lovesunix.net/blog