FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 08:35:36 UTC 2006

Hi

>> Thats too generic. Is all of the software thats available in core
>> needed to be installed simultaneously and is using all of them
>> together a common scenario?
>>
> You(Rahul) still don't get it! It's not about "using them all
> together" at all. Yes, it is about installing "everything" in Core at
> one time(install time!) *easily*. It's a usability / easy-of-use
> issue. It's about giving users the choice. If they want to - let then.

Choice has associated cost. Implementing everything any user ever asked
for will lead to a unmaintainable mess.

>> Report number?
>

> Search on "anaconda everything".

Thats not a number ;-)

>>> And what makes Rahul think he knows the difference better than
>>> others? (wink,wink)
>>>
>> Oh please guys. Listen before responding. I presented very detailed
>> reasons why I think it is not a good thing.
>
> And all those reasons are bogus and do not apply to the usability/ease
> of use of the package selection part of the installer.

Sure. Call them all bogus with no explanation. That doesnt look a
appealing argument.

> Several people have already given you "use cases" but this is not
> about your opinion that an "everything" install is not useful.

Can you list them?

> It's about those users that want to do it (in spite of your opinion)
> being able to do it easily. Trying to make it difficult is just
> arrogance!

Depends on what you want to do and how useful it is. I still havent
heard good use cases yet.

--
Rahul