FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 15:41:05 UTC 2006

Hi

>I dont have an opinion on the everythig install 'cept to say that I
>haven't used it except for those two limited situations, and I was on
>a dial up for a long time and I can feel the pain of someone who has
>the gotcha of trying to install a big lib to get some other app
>running, on a dial-up.

package management tools should be fixed to enable users to install
applications from CD/DVD's. Today you can do this by dumping all the
packages into a directory. Running createrepo on them. They configure
yum to point to the local repository instead of a online repository. man
createrepo and man yum.conf for details.

--
Rahul