FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

gb spam gbofspam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:15:37 UTC 2006

On 1/23/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> The cost is long term maintenance. I specifically cited the GFS module
> issue as an example. Its NOT just cost of coding the feature.

Sure its not, it never is, but how much is that cost?  For example,
you been defending your decision for 4 days or so now, and it shows no
sign of ending.  My suspicion is that this is nothing compared to the
discussions that will arise when FC5 goes live.

BTW, was it solely your decision to remove the option?  I can see you
have support, but who is the final arbiter?

Thanks for your input.  It is obvious that you are taking a lot of
flak for this, but I do value the work that you have put into Fedora.
I think the pirut interface is much better than what was available
before, for which the developers deserve much credit.  Its just that
for me, and many others, the benefit of the better interface does not
outweigh the functionality provided by previous releases.