policy core utils?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 02:30:49 UTC 2006

Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> Under FC5 Test 2 the lastest policy core utils (which also brings in
> libselinux, I believe) has set my file system read only and hosed the
> disk -- I have had to completely reinstall twice to only reach this
> same fatal end.
>
> Should I disabled selinux BEFORE issuing a yum upgrage with anything
> relating to the selinux or policy rpms???
> --
> WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting

I have a couple of bugs related to updating with SELinux enabled (pup in
my case) crop up and are bug reports are filed. Until these bugs are
resolved, I regularly run 'setenforce 0' until after updating, then
'setenforce 1" again after update completion. The reason is, serious
destruction to installed programs and the rpm database.

Which program are you using to update with?

Jim

--
Since aerosols are forbidden, the police are using roll-on Mace!