Make yum and pup smarter?

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Tue Jan 24 04:57:56 UTC 2006

Would it be possible to make yum and pup smarter?
I was wondering if they could check each package and if the dependency fails
uncheck or skip it?

There could be a check button for pup.  Also would like to see an uncheck
all on pup.
Or be able to do like shift select or space and arrows,
just some way to do lots of uncheck or check fast.

Also would be nice to have the puppy icon in gnome menu.

When it fails this is what I do:

yum update >y.txt
grep Package y.txt|awk '{print $3}'|xargs -n 1 yum -y update

This is kind of the same thing, just not very efficient, but easier than
trying to figure out what
is broken.  When I get done everything gets installed, just not the broken
stuff.

Thanks to everyone that has worked on Fedora!
I love the new graphics!
Jerry