policy core utils?

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:22:53 UTC 2006

[This is Kernel related PowerPC stuff]

On 1/23/06, Chasecreek Systemhouse <chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to get around this by updating policy core selinux and the
> kernel (in that order) after updating all the other rpms.  I just have
> to be careful of the order.

OK, following up my own posts, and after reinstalling the PPC stuff
about 9 times -- I "almost" must say that the Kernels since 1860 are
all bad =/   Can't prove it -- but I find it strange that prior
kernels all work without marking the / (root) file system as Read
Only...

Can any one (any one at all) say *how* a file system mounted as RW
suddenly and without warning becomes marked RO -- and all the data is
hosed =/

Oh well...  Make no mistake I do feel strongly that FC5 software
overall is good it's just that something is wrong with the Kernel
series 186x and I tried them all cause I downloaded all the PPC
develop branch stuff since November...

Ideas?  Suggestions?  At this stage I am dead in the water.
--
WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting