GRUB not written to MBR - rewrite problem

Claude Jones cjones at patriot.net
Wed Jan 25 05:24:44 UTC 2006

On Tue January 24 2006 9:12 pm, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> On 1/24/06, Claude Jones <cjones at patriot.net> wrote:
> > To reply to both of you: I want to install grub to my MBR
>
> Is this system a dual boot Intel?   Try dd'ing this image to your hda
> MBR sector then...
>
> http://ccsh.us/IT300/linuxboot.dat

hmmmm... I'm not sure what to do with that link. If I click on it, Xine tries
to open it, and fails. I did a right-click save-as, and tried to open it, but
it looked like code. I did follow that thread on the fedora-list regarding
using NTLDR, but I haven't tried it... The OS on the internal drive is indeed
WinXP.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA