FC5T2 installer does not recognize X800 PCIE

Giuseppe Castagna Giuseppe.Castagna at ens.fr
Wed Jan 25 14:00:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

    I have installed FC5T2 x86_64 from DVD. The installer does not
recognizes my Radeon X800 PCIExpress card: when the graphic installation
(should) start the only visible effect is that my LCD is powered off
(tried both DVI and VGA). The text installation fills the screen with
garbage, nevertheless the information was readable enough to let me
install the FC5T2.
    system-config-display did not recognize my graphic card, but after 5
mins of trials and errors with xorg.conf, I now have my graphic card
functional. Now fully, since mplayer with xv does not work full-screen,
but I guess this is an xorg issue (but if you know how to fix it, please
let me know).
    The rest nearly works (still have some problem to use the spdif
output of my MSI Neo4 Platinum embedded sound.

Hope it will be useful. If you want I can attach my xorg.conf

---Beppe---