Ekiga being pushed to Rawhide

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 15:22:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 02:41:35PM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >   Hi lovers of internet telephony,
> >
> >  I just pushed Ekiga to rawhide, this is the beta version of the replacement
> > of GnomeMeeting, the main change in spite of the rename is that it adds SIP
> > support, it also drops the dependancy on openh323 and use the new opal library
> > instead.
> >   The documentation has not yet been updated, I suggest you check
> >     http://ekiga.org/
> > for simple steps and the FAQ, also use the upstream gnome bugzilla to report
> > non-packaging bugs,
> >
> >   thanks for trying it out so we get a good SIP telephony solution in FC5 !
>
> And then sign up for a ekiga.net account for talking to everyone and
> testing all the excellent features. see http://ekiga.net/ for details.

  one think which would be nice would be URI integration, i.e. if
a sip:.... URI link is found in a web page then ekiga can register for
being the handler of those URIs. This is glue integration in the Desktop
but I don't know if it's there and work, and can't test it at the moment
unfortunately.

Daniel