GRUB not written to MBR - rewrite problem

Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer ml2news at free.fr
Wed Jan 25 15:37:43 UTC 2006

chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com (Chasecreek Systemhouse) writes:
> This is a MBR from a dual boot system; it works on my system.  I did
> somewhat warn the OP that this was from a dual boot system.

Dawid meant it's your MBR + your partition table meaning if anyone dumps
that on their drives they will lose their partitions and will see
"yours" (well the way you declared them).

The partition table is embedded in the MBR:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record

--
Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer
    "Le disparu, si l'on vénère sa mémoire, est plus présent et