FC5T2 ready for even a test release?

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 12:48:48 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 20:03 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> No it doesnt. I made my argument with detailed rationale on why I
> believe it is not useful in general cases. If you disagree with me, feel
> free to do so but I would like to hear a detailed set of use cases that
> make it a convincing enough argument for Anaconda to support it for end
> users apart from Kickstart capability.

What most people complain about here is AFAICS that we completely
removed (instead of just hid) an option they valued and that was a well
tested (by them), supposedly no-brainer sort of code path, very much
unlikely to give any problems down the road. Granted we have a new
package selector in anaconda now, but I guess adding back the Everything
checkbox and code, perhaps hidden behind an "offereverything" boot
loader option (so we don't scare away unsuspecting types) can't be that
much of an effort. I'd say it would be worth the trouble, because then
we could end this discussion.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com