Sound Input

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 19:32:10 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 19:09, Thomas J. Baker wrote:

> Absolutely no luck. Everything seems to be set up correctly but both
> ekiga and audacity show no sound input. I've tried as a normal user
> and as root.

I had problems some time back with em10k1 and audigy.  One thing I found
helpful was to run alsamixer from a console, then experiment with
settings there.

There is one enormous problem with Creative cards - they sell thousands
of cards with the same name, but they may have entirely different
chipsets.  If you can get the specific name from the top edge of the
card and google for that +alsa you may find help there.

If that still fails, take all the info you can to
alsa-user at lists.sourceforge.net.  They are helpful.  HTH

Anne