"prelink" Issues?

Pete Graner pgraner at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 01:49:21 UTC 2006

Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> Kernel 1828.2 upgrade to 1871 -- PRELINK Issues?
>
> OK, I have been using 1826.2 kernel while trying the test the 1871
> Kernel -- however yesterday and this morning  I got an error that
> ld.so.1 doesn't exists or some such ELF error.
>
> Last night my 1826.2  kernel successfully ran prelink and this morning
> while using 1871 all the binaries stopped executing...
>
> Question:  Is this a known bug in general or somehting unique to PPC?
> I saw nothing in bugzilla about it.
>
> Should I file a Bug on it?
>
> --
> WC -Sx- Jones | http://ccsh.us/ | Open Source Consulting

I had a similar issue on ppc. Several hours were spent tracking down
this issue. After much teeth nashing it was written of as the system
overheating.

Started when a:

yum upgrade

was run yesterday on 25 Jan rawhide. Yum crapped with a bus error. It
left the the rpm db with multiple copies of several rpms and a few
corrupt rpms. Guessing the clean up phase of the update did not complete
so it left two different versions.

While trying to rescue the system prelink was having issues and ld.so
was not getting completely installed out of a a rpm along with a long
laundry list of things that I can't remember.

Long story short it was recovered but the situation was very strange...

Like you not sure where to file a BZ

Pete

--
Pete Graner                                email: <pgraner at redhat.com>