Broadcom BCM43xx appears in system-config-network as eth1 in FC5T2

Stanton Finley stanfinley at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 21:01:01 UTC 2006

System-config-network correctly picks up my onboard Broadcom Corporation
BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02) but
identifies it as eth1.

When I enter the correct WEP information and try to activate it fails.
FC4 running on this same machine with ndiswrapper identified it as wlan0
and worked well.

When I select "Activate device when computer starts" and reboot the boot
message for this device is "SCIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory".

I am running FC5test2 with kernel 2.6.15-1.1878_FC5-i686.

I understand that there is an open source Broadcom driver being
developed at bcm43xx.berlios.de. Are there plans to incorporate this
driver into the FC5 kernel?

Has anyone had any luck with the Broadcom BCM4318 using ndiswrapper or
other method on FC5T2?

Stanton Finley
http://stanton-finley.net/