Printers: lprm - and cancel -a

George Hill e1geo at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 00:44:13 UTC 2006

When I try to remove all my jobs from the print queue
with

lprm -

or

cancel -a

I get the following message and respond with my
password over and over. CONTROL-C does not abort -- I
need to kill from another terminal.

Password for george on localhost? <my response>
Password for george on localhost? <my response>
Password for george on localhost? <my response>

I can remove the jobs one at a time, no problem.

I am up to date with the latest upgrades for FC5t2.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.