Ask on logout not working in gnome (was: Shutdown in Gnome not shutting down)

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Sat Jan 28 18:34:53 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> If I click the menu entry Shutdown, then if I click either "reboot" or
>> "shutdown" I get a new gdm login screen.  The only way I see to reboot
>> now is CLI reboot.

<snip>

> I get the same thing when I use the logout. I guess it is another reason
> to become repelled from the needless and stupid changes made in GNOME.
>
> The next change will be a bunch of questions regarding your intent to
> logout and shutdown your computer.

<snip>

> Is this a bug or another annoying change to GNOME?
>
> Jim

After today's (1/28/05) rawhide update, reboot is working.  However, the
sessions startup programs disappeared.  Put them back in and noticed
that on the sessions tab the check box for "ask on logout" was checked.
  However, on logout, am not being asked.  Also, gnome takes a
significantly longer time to come up now.  Guess that is due to debugging?

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)