Broadcom BCM43xx appears in system-config-network as eth1 in FC5T2

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 09:01:52 UTC 2006

> > Also Network Manger shows zero (0) signal bars on the applet, but when
> > clicking on the applet shows me that the the AP I'm associated to is at
> > 100%...
>
> Linux drivers notoriously SUCK when it comes to reporting signal
> strength.  The open Broadcom driver actually doesn't support signal
> strength yet at all, but that's being worked on.

The interesting thing regarding this for me is that for the same card
(ipw2200) the Network Monitor that comes with gnome displays a
different (double or half - I can't remember) signal strength that
NetworkManager does. Quite bizare, but then not unexpected as I think
the WinXP and Intel applet do a similar thing!

Pete