Screensaver in KDE?

Mike Leahy mgleahy at golden.net
Tue Jan 31 07:03:43 UTC 2006

Has anyone had a problem opening the Screensaver settings in the KDE
control settings?  When I try to open it from the main desktop menu, I
get a dialogue saying:

"The specified library screensaver could not be found

The Diagnostic is:
libGL.so.1: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires:
Permision denied

Possible reasons:
   - An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned
control module
   - You have old third party modules lying around."

Any clues as to what might cause and/or fix this?  I did notice error
messages while running yum updates a couple days ago (sorry, I didn't
save them), but nothing seemed particularly fatal at the time, and the
updates seemed to complete regardless.

Mike