ATrpms goes FC6

alan alan at clueserver.org
Sat Jul 1 16:24:59 UTC 2006

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> usually ATrpms jumps into testing at test2 or test3. This time we'll
> try supporting FC6 from test1 onwards.
>
> A couple of notes:
>
> o ATrpms uses disttags of 5.90 matching the internal verisoning of
>  test1. When test2 hits the road packages will all be rebuilt with
>  5.91 as a disttag and so on. That way upgrade paths are retained
>  (but these are not guaranteed within test releases/rawhide anyway,
>  so don't feel on the safe side) and rebuilds don't have to bump the
>  buildtag in front of the disttag, so when your FC5 box has
>  foo-1.2.3-4.* and test/rawhide bits also start with foo-1.2.3-4.* it
>  means that the same sources/specfiles are still used.
>
> o kernel support (kmdls) is there, both for the test release kernel,
>  2.6.16-1.2289_FC6, as well as hopefully the latest rawhide kernel,
>  2.6.17-1.2318_FC6. Oops, the latest is already 2.6.17-1.2328.fc6,
>  and by the time you're reading this probably even further. The point
>  is that ATrpms will try to support the latest rawhide kernel, but it
>  certainly can't keep up to the pace of rawhide. :)
>
> o Please report bugs, especially regression wrt FC5 on
>  bugzilla.atrpms.net under fc6.

Cool.  The only problem I see is that the nVIDIA kernel driver is bjorken
with xorg 7.1.  (And will be until they create a Linux driver for the 9xxx
series of drivers.)

Are there x86_64 builds?

--
"I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Darl's head and
  stick it on a pike as a reminder to the next ten generations that some