Install rawhide possible today??

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Wed Jul 5 14:51:46 UTC 2006

Tom Diehl wrote:
> I just tried to install rawhide but every time I get to the 2nd stage
> anaconda bails out with an "abnormal termination error"
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?? This is with todays rawhide. I am trying
> to do an nfs install.
>
> If this is not a known problem please let me know what info I need
> to put in bugzilla.

This was happening last week and was fixed in the 11.1.0.51 build of
anaconda, which I built Friday.  Looks like new trees were not composed
over the weekend+holiday, so we'll need new ones.

But yes, the abnormal termination error was fixed and the installer will
proceed to stage 2.

What is still happening that we haven't tracked down yet is graphical
installer failures for certain gfx adapters.  At least on S3 and Intel
adapters, the graphical install mode will attempt to load and when X
fires up, you get a blank screen and no VT access.  Text mode works
fine.  Working on this one.

--
David Cantrell
Red Hat / Westford, MA