rawhide report: 20060708 changes

Paul Dickson paul at permanentmail.com
Sun Jul 9 05:25:29 UTC 2006

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 06:00:27 -0400, buildsys at redhat.com wrote:

> xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.6.0-6.modeset20060707
> * Fri Jul 07 2006 Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> 1.6.0-6.modeset20060707
> - Snapshot of the git modesetting branch.
>
> * Fri Jul 07 2006 Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> 1.6.0-6
> - Update i810.xinf to include entries for E7221 and 945GM.

I'm not sure whether my problem is related to the update of this package:

My notebook's screen resolution is 1280x800.  But when I rebooted this
afternoon (after several weeks), I had something like 1280x816.  GDM's
login screen had the options in the lower-left of the screen almost
completely off the screen.  Moving the mouse to the bottom caused the
screen scroll down (and up when I moved the mouse to the top).

The X configuration stuff all said the screen was 1280x800.  When I
adjusted the resolution to 1024x768 (which ended up stretch to 1280x800),
I aborted back to "the previous resolution".  Then the screen was finally
displayed with the correct 800 pixels high.

1024x768 is still displayed stretched.  I had previously disabled the
BIOS stretching so this came as a surprise.  Also,
gnome-display-properties seems to list resolutions not in xorg.conf
(where'd it get 832x624?).

Anyone else see this problem?  I'm going to bugzilla it if it's not known.

	-Paul