device-mapper-multipath and xorg

kmberry kmberry at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 12 05:46:01 UTC 2006

"OK.  I have used rawhide for a decade and I have an IQ of 50.  I use
rawhide because anybody that should be using windows or macos will do
the same thang and _not_ use FC5, but nobody thinks so since the only
people that think are redhat developer and there is no list for us.  Now
a yum update a few days ago broke dependencies for lm_sensors, directfb
and device-mapper-multipath, so I just installed the new libsysfs with
libsysfs.so.2 in it.  Now I am trying to download cd images of FC6 Test
1.  Why?  Because I have init oops which I am not going to investigate
probably because device-mapper-multipath doesn't like libsysfs.so.1 and
libsysfs.so.2 at the same time.  I can tell you rubbed me out again.  I
just removed device-mapper-multipath to get the latest yum update for
sysfsutils  even though the new libsysfs now contains the library and
not sysfsutils like before even though I did it because it used to and I
know the update ripped libsysfs.so.1 out too.  Now I know my computer
won't reboot.  I could leave it on 24 hours a day,  but my boredom would
result in overuse notifications from my isp.  So we are living in ugly
land once again because you don't understand us and you never will.  I
could build device-mapper-multipath against libsysfs.so.2 and configure
away all the developer's mistakes,  but then I would have to deal with
all the other mistakes you introduced on top of it all and I don't think
I would be very successful at resolving it all as only you people at
redhat could do.  So don't forget to delete this email so it doesn't
show up at the Fedora Community Portal."

I also forgot that now the blue spash screen is ripped at the bottom
because my monitor doesn't work in 1024 by 768 or 1268 by 1024?
anymore(in xorg.conf only 800 by 600 shows but boot is higher).  This
scared me at first since I use onboard i815 graphics and an 18" MAG TCD
monitor and I am bankrupt.  Since I only use 800 by 600 because I am
blind I got lucky and discovered I could reset my gnome-desktop to that
since something also changed its configuration.  Now I can only boot by
removing rhgb quiet or I get only a blue screen of death, splash w/only
nonroot can log in--(ripped at the bottom because it is higher
resolution) and finally logged into a good gnome-desktop at 800 by 600
as usual.  Wouldn't have anything to do with recent xserver hacks would it?