unable to boot off sata after fc5 upgrade to fc6 dev

LarryT guess.who at freesurf.fr
Fri Jul 14 04:31:24 UTC 2006

LarryT wrote:
> Hi,
> I have upgrade my fc5 to fc6-test1 enabling the dev repo.
> This fc5 is on hda
> I have an other fc on a sata sda. After i reboot, i cant boot the sata
> configured in grub of fc5/fc6-test1 :
> -Does it come from grub ?
>    ----> error 17 : unable to mount partition
> Before i upgrade to fc6 test, i hade no problem to boot this partition.
For a reason i cant see, after i update my fc5 to fc6-test1, grub change
something in the hdd order !
my sata was hd2,0 but now it is hd1,0
But my problem is resolved :)
(i have hda on ide0 which is recognize as hd0, hde on ITE raid card
which is now recognize as hd2, and sda on sata0 which is now recognize
as hd1)

"Computers are like air conditioners - They stop working properly when you open Windows !" :-P