m4 dependency error in current rawhide update

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 17 23:23:08 UTC 2006

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone else report this, so I'm not sure
if rpm --force -Uvh to update m4 is okay.  The odd thing is, there isn't
a file /usr/share/info/dir anywhere in the m4 package; there's a
/usr/share/info/m4.info.gz instead.

Advice?

[root at osprey ~]# yum update
--snip--
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package m4.x86_64 0:1.4.5-1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check

Dependencies Resolved

  Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
Size
Updating:
  m4                      x86_64     1.4.5-1          development
171 k

Transaction Summary
Install      0 Package(s)
Update       1 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 171 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/info/dir from install of
m4-1.4.5-1 conflicts with file from package info-4.8-11.1