Recent kernels do not generate dm for initrd images - Is anyonelooking at this small bug.

Dwaine Garden dwainegarden at
Tue Jul 18 04:02:07 UTC 2006

Right now I'm just doing the following after a yum update for a new kernel install.

mkdir initrd
cd initrd
cp /boot/initrdXXX.img ./
gunzip <initrdXXX.img >initrd.img
cpio -i <initrd.img
rm initrd.img

edit the init file->dm create entry so it has divisible size.
(Note that I only lost 6 sectors)

find . | cpio -o -c | gzip -9 > ./initrd-new.img
cp initrd-new.img /boot/

edit grub.conf to use initrd-new.img

                       +1, been biting me for a while too J
       I was wondering if anyone on the Fedora team is looking at this bug.    The fix seems small.   It would help everyone that is running a raid setup with SATA drives.
fedora-test-list mailing list
fedora-test-list at
To unsubscribe: