rawhide report: 20060719 changes rtld(GNU_HASH)

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Jul 19 20:34:28 UTC 2006

Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> On 7/19/06, buildsys at redhat.com <buildsys at redhat.com> wrote:
>> ypbind-3:1.19-0.2
>> -----------------
>> * Tue Jul 18 2006 Steve Dickson <steved at redhat.com> - 3:1.19-0.2
>> - Added NISTIMEOUT variable to init scrip (bz 196078)
>
> Did this package somehow sneak into FC5 updates-testing? I didn't see
> a TEST UPDATE notice for it, but ypbind-1.19-0.2 is currently in
> updates-testing with broken dependencies:
>
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package ypbind.i386 3:1.19-0.2 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) for package: ypbind
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package ypbind
>
> MEF

I have the same error you describe with xscreensaver-base and company
packages when trying to install them on an FC5 system. I did a brief
google search on this failure and it seems to be some feature added to
rpm that this references.

I'm curious myself as to how to overcome this problem. Do I need to
upgrade rpm? Is there an error with the package that you are trying to
install, as well as the xscreensaver rpms that I tried to install? Will
there be updated versions of rpm in updates-testing? Will the packages
in updates-testing be recompiled to overcome this failure?

Jim

--
Some people live life in the fast lane.  You're in oncoming traffic.