no more desktop after 20060720 updates

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 21 00:00:44 UTC 2006

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> After the last series of updates, which got all these dbus changes
> delayed from yesterday,

How were you able to get dbus updated?  (Not that I want to now, given
the problems you've encountered!)  I still have 0.62-1.1 installed, and
'yum update dbus*' returns a metric buttload of dependencies, ending with:

Error: Missing Dependency: dbus-glib >= 0.90 is needed by package
gnome-screensaver
Error: Unable to satisfy dependencies
Error: Package libgnomecups needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package gnome-media needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package NetworkManager-glib needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not
available.
Error: Package control-center needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package avahi needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package gnome-panel needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package libnotify needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package gnome-screensaver needs dbus-glib >= 0.90, this is not
available.
Error: Package evolution needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package totem needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package gnome-vfs2 needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package hal needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not available.
Error: Package nautilus-cd-burner needs libdbus-1.so.2, this is not
available.