Suspend options disappeared

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 05:07:37 UTC 2006

On 7/18/06, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting. So it should be back on the menus shortly then?
>
> By development version of g-p-m you mean that in cvs/svn as opposed to
> that in rawhide I presume? As its not in the rawhide version
> currently.

I'm running the version from the g-p-m developer, R. Hughes, on the
"utopia" yum server.  It is probably ahead of rawhide.  My version
information is:

gnome-power-manager-2.15.4-cvs20060708rhughes
hal-0.5.8-cvs20060623rhughes
hal-cups-utils-0.5.5-1.2.fc5.2
hal-devel-0.5.8-cvs20060623rhughes
hal-gnome-0.5.8-cvs20060623rhughes
PolicyKit-0.2-cvs20060709rhughes

When I mailed to you before, I was believing (perhaps mistakenly?)
that PolicyKit had made its way into the ordinary Fedora update set,
and it could explain why your menu options disappeared.

Here is the yum file I currently have on Mr Hughes's server, which I
learned about after joining the (very helpful) gnome-power-manager
email list.

 [utopia]
name=Utopia experimental for $basearch
baseurl=http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/