20060722 rawhide: broken gdm, xinit

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 22 16:04:47 UTC 2006

On 22 9:07:S, Jay Cliburn wrote:
> With today's rawhide updates, the following packages resulted in
> a nautilus-free login session.
>
> gdm-2.15.6-13.x86_64.rpm
> xorg-x11-xinit-1.0.2-7.fc6.x86_64.rpm
>
> All I got was an empty desktop with a functional mouse.
>
> Reverting to gdm-2.15.6-9.x86_64.rpm and
> xorg-x11-xinit-1.0.2-6.fc6.x86_64.rpm returned things to normal.
>
> Jay

    Today's updates also rewrote xorg.conf.  After tryin to revert
to a backup copy, starting X from lvl 3, an such didn't work, I
booted Mandriva an d/l'd current -test mesgs. Yours was a
lifesaver.   THANKS!

    I copied the i386 FC6-test1 gdm an xorg-x11-xinit rpms to hdd,
logged in as root an --forced them in.  An X, kde then started
normally.  I suspect it's only xorg-x11-xinit that broke X tho.
--
    Tom Brinkman                   Corpus Christi, Texas