Firefox crashes - who can reproduce it?

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 24 09:41:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 11:08 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> When loading  http://www.radsportnews.com  Firefox crashes for me. I get
> this first bit when starting it without its wrapper:
>
> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.4 /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.4/firefox-bin
> The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
>   (Details: serial 120 error_code 8 request_code 146 minor_code 3)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
>

> Since I've had to downgrade a few packages earlier to get a working X,
> I cannot be sure that this isn't related. Who can reproduce the crash
> before I would file a bug?

It works fine for me. I notice it's got a Flash banner, have you got the
Flash plug-in installed? I've had some stability issues with this in the
past. Try disabling this and see if the page is OK.

(Type about:plugins in Firefox's address bar to see if the plug-in is
installed. If it is you'll need to move flashplayer.xpt and
libflashplayer.so out of the plugins directory which may
be /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins or ~/.mozilla/plugins).