Hibernate and GRUB

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 24 10:20:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

I dual-boot Fedora with WinXP on my laptop. A couple of years ago I got
swsusp2 (Software Suspend) going with FC3 (I think) and it worked pretty
well. I could keep Fedora and XP in hibernated states and select the one
I wanted from the GRUB menu.

With hibernate on FC6 I don't get the GRUB menu - although it briefly
mentions GRUB at startup - so after hibernating Fedora I can only go
back to Fedora. If I want XP I have to de-hibernate Fedora, then shut
the computer down, then start Windows.

Could it be changed so the GRUB menu appears so the required OS is
started? Or is there a good reason for doing it this way?

Thanks in advance,

Leon...