'Safely Remove' doesn't umount

David Fletcher fctesting at fletchersweb.net
Fri Jul 28 21:03:41 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 21:39, Anne Wilson wrote:
> The desktop icon for my pen-drive has 'Safely Remove' on the menu, but
> selecting that doesn't umount it, and there is no other entry to do so.
> Are others seeing the same?
>
> Anne

I'm using FC5 with KDE.

Until recently "Safely Remove" used to leave the same i.e. the mounted icon on
the desktop, but after "Safely Remove" was used the mount item appeared in
the right click menu, so I assumed that it was just the icon that wasn't
getting updated.

When I tried it just now, the icon has been fixed so as far as I can tell it's
working.

Dave Fletcher

--
Registered Linux user number 393408