USB DVB-S errors

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Jun 2 01:19:14 UTC 2006

On 02/06/2006, at 8:14 AM, David Timms wrote:
>> Anyone else managed to make one of these USB units working in the
>> latest kernel kernel-2.6.16-1.2232_FC6? The latest kernel I have
>> working is: kernel-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5.
> Sorry, don't have one. It might be helpful though to post what you
> see in dmesg on a kernel where it worked. Do all the intermediate
> kernels pose the same problem (have you been tracking -devel repo) ?

Hi!

I haven't been tracking the latest kernel versions in quite some time
- simply because everything was working with 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 so I
just left it at that - however I thought I'd try updating.

What I can see is that the USB tuner actually locks onto the HDTV
channel, and it stays locked, but no transport stream seems to be
read. For instance, if you use zabdvb, you can see it lock, however
it won't tell you the source stream res or audio properties - which
indicates it isn't getting the dvb stream.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au