Fedora Core 5 Test Update: gdm-2.14.4-1.fc5.2

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Jun 7 22:33:02 UTC 2006

Jim Bevier wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Chiodini"
> <robert.chiodini-1 at ksc.nasa.gov>

Or yum erase gdm, which I did.

At first symptom, a respawning gdm, I ran system-config-display thinking
it was a problem with the xorg-updates. X started with startx.
Upon the next reboot, gdm crashed again.

Anyway, other factors are broken with gdm. One of the problems is to
configure auto-login and probably other features as well.

I noticed gdm is updated within the last development updates. Is it safe
to install again?

Jim Cornette

--
* liw prefers not to have Linus run Debian, because then /me would
   have to run Red Hat, just to keep the power balance :)