Install report on rawhide of 2006-06-16 - yum lockout!

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sun Jun 18 02:46:55 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 21:18 -0400, Jason Boyles wrote:
> On 6/17/06, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Can you strace the yum-updatesd process to see what it's doing?
>
> I'm seeing the same and mine is doing this:

Can you try http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/yum-updatesd.py and see if
that works better (should just be able to replace /usr/sbin/yum-updatesd
with it)?

Basically, I'm guessing that you're in a situation where you're either
using NM or bringing networking up by hand and so we hit a traceback
when getting repo information and then never unlock the lock file

Jeremy