Display too bright, only on test release.

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 18:58:00 UTC 2006

Hello list;
  when I boot the test release my screen is very washed out and pale.
It was fine from a freshs DVD install, then after a "yum upgrade" it
went pale.

When I boot into FC5 it is fine, FC5/6 test has the problem.

I am using an LCD display that is turned down to its minimum settings.
It is still way too bright and washed out.
I checked the contents or xorg.conf, the display settings are the same.

Thanks
  Mick M.

Death before Decaf!!!