Display too bright, only on test release.

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 20:23:02 UTC 2006

--- Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 11:58:00AM -0700, Mick Mearns wrote:
> >   when I boot the test release my screen is very washed out and
> pale.
>
> It would be really nice if a driver used was mentioned and a
> bugzilla reference added.  There were already similar postings and
> none of these bothered with details.

Sorry I am new to testing, and was not sure that this is a bug.

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "dri"
EndSection
Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nv"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]"
EndSection

> If you back off to a driver from an installation DVD does it help?

I wil try it, I am running FC5 right now because it is readable.
Where would the 'nv" driver be on the install media?

Mick M.

Death before Decaf!!!