Display too bright, only on test release.

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 19 20:44:46 UTC 2006

On 19 2:35:S, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
 > On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 11:58:00AM -0700, Mick Mearns wrote:
 > >   when I boot the test release my screen is very washed out and
 > > pale.
 >
 > It would be really nice if a driver used was mentioned and a
 > bugzilla reference added.  There were already similar postings
 > and none of these bothered with details.
 >
 > Just for clarity.  My test box happens to use 'radeon' driver and
 > I did not notice anything like described.
 >
 > > It was fine from a freshs DVD install, then after a "yum
 > > upgrade" it went pale.
 >
 > If you back off to a driver from an installation DVD does it
 > help?
 >
 >    Michal

    In my case, as the OP's in the posts you cite, it was xorg updates
of 6/14 that caused the problem. I've tried reverting xorg-x11-drv-nv,
but then X fails to start.

xorg-x11-drv-nv-1.1.1-5
Geforce4-400
Samsung 191n LCD

    If the OP's intention was the same as mine, it was only to inquire
of the sort "am I only one?". Seems we're not. I was goin to try a fresh
install of test-1 from CD's before persuing a BugZ.

--
    Tom Brinkman               Corpus Christi, Texas