Display too bright, only on test release.

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Jun 19 22:33:02 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 01:23:02PM -0700, Mick Mearns wrote:
> --- Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 11:58:00AM -0700, Mick Mearns wrote:
> > >   when I boot the test release my screen is very washed out and
> > pale.
> >
> > It would be really nice if a driver used was mentioned and a
> > bugzilla reference added.  There were already similar postings and
> > none of these bothered with details.
> >
> Sorry I am new to testing, and was not sure that this is a bug.

Sounds like a bug from your description.

> 	Driver      "nv"

That is one here is one of these missing pieces of information.

> Where would the 'nv" driver be on the install media?

That would be 'xorg-x11-drv-nv' package and it will be in an rpm
file which name starts with that string.  But - all these drivers
install, in a sense, as a whole pulled in by dependencies from a
"meta-package" 'xorg-x11-drivers' so possibly you may need to revert
that complete lot in order to avoid broken dependencies.  Maybe not?

There is 'yum-utils' package in extras and it has 'package-cleanup'
utility.  If you will run 'package-cleanup --problems' then you
should get a report if anything is really broken or not.  It may
turn out that you need to revert more.

To get an old package installed use 'rpm' and an option, named
surprisingly, '--oldpackage'.

   Michal