kde 3.5.3: well done!!

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 22:19:32 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>
> > Only tested for one day, but startup time has passed form 19 secs to
> > 13 secs and responsiveness inside the DE is much more aggressive than
> > 3.5.2!
> > Well done, kde guys and fedora guys!!!
>
> Thanks, that is quite and improvement.

Rex, your work (and those who work with you) has always been good.
Though I am a bit curious as to why the only time I ventured off and
tried KDE-Redhat it seemed better than what was in Fedora Core.

BTW...if ever you can put together a script, quick to follow set of
steps for packing themes and other less essential, but nice to have
files for KDE, I'll put some effort into rollinga few packages. 24
hours per day is a limiting factor.

> > Would it be at least choosable as the default DE during installation of
> > fc6...?
>
> Hopefully for fc7 ...
>
> -- Rex

In the mean time migth want to add something to the effect of "KDE
users are also welcomed" in the topic of #fedora

--
To be updated...